We all know these incompetent sleazebags treat our money as their own, but just what is the Fatman costing us now he doesn't have a job?
Naturally, hard numbers are scarce, but we can certainly get the flavour:
- Salary: £134,000 pa, plus our new 26.8% contribution to his pension
- Expenses: £105,494 (2004-05)
- Admiralty Arch flat: £100,000 pa (rental estimated by government a year ago- see here)
- Dorneywood: £500,000 pa (my estimate based on comparable house on Primelocation- including staff)
- Official car- £60,000 pa (see here)
We're already up to nearly £1m pa. But of course there's also the cost of his office accomodation...what shall we say...in central London it costs £15-20 grand a year just to provide a humble workstation, so Prezza's marbled hall is going to be...what, £2 mill pa?
And the staff. A bevy of compliant secretaries obviously....a butler to serve the pork pies...it soon adds up. I dunno...a dozen staff at £70-80 grand a year apiece all-in? Call it another mill.
So...let's see...office parties, chip spice and other incidentals...I reckon overall we're talking £5 mill pa.